Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rethinking

So, I've been thinking that I've been a little too restrictive with myself. Food is all well and good, I love food, but I also need a Halloween costume because I'm going out tomorrow night to a great party where I'm going to want to look fabulous. There will be plenty of time to grab something sexy and head home because I work early and the party is late.

A Halloween costume is something I need, while a red velvet jacket is something I want. And early, a red velvet work jacket is unreasonable to buy because I already have two adorable velvet work jackets (one in black by DKNY with flared sleeves and satin trim and one in purple with really great buttons by Tahari) and a fabulous red velvet coat (knee length rust colored velvet with intriguing seam work in the back and buttons that I've replaced thrice in the three years I've had it, made by a designer called franco + russe that my aunt bought for my college graduation gift). Besides, that red velvet jacket was way out of my price range at $180 (despite it being a great deal due to originally being almost $500). Evidently I use too many parenthetical asides when explaining why I don't need something I want and therefore should not buy it.

Now, a Halloween costume is different. I have to figure out something sexy and scary and I just don't think that I have what I want at home or formable from things that I purely have at home. I will just get a few accessories and an inexpensive wig and pair it with clothing items I already have. No biggie, just a couple of key accessories to really make the costume come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment